Happy Memories

August 26, 2008


I was sorting through some photo's tonight from a trip to Europe I took a few years ago, and came across this favourite of mine. I didn't even own a sewing machine back then, but was captivated by the gorgeous fabrics in this store and the little swatches pegged up so cutely in the front window. 


This was another favourite place I visited - a charming mercerie in the middle of the Marais district in Paris. Look at all those ribbons! I bought a fabulous pair of timber knitting needles from here - they are about 45 cm long and caused a few questions when going through customs on my trip home. And I still have some of the beautiful wool felt from this shop - it has taken years for me to find a project worthy enough to get the scissors out! 

I'm ready to pack my suitcase and jump on the next plane to Paris now...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cloth House has one of the most beautiful shop fronts I've seen. And Mercerie is a shop I recognise well. I wish they were both just around the corner here in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger