One of those days

November 4, 2008

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and motivated - I had a whole day before me to sew and craft and make stuff. Tick some things off the long to do list. I sat down at my sewing machine, but things didn't feel right. I took a shower. Sat back down. Started sewing, but the machine jammed. A quick rethread and I was off again. This time I struggled to sew a straight line. I got up, had some breakfast, came back to the machine. This time I managed a nice straight seam but lost concentration and sewed right across where I wasn't meant to. Unpicked that. Decided to step away from the machine and pin up some new journal covers. Spilled pins everywhere. Pricked my finger a half dozen times.

So, what to do? I thought a spot of gardening might help - all that fresh air and sunshine would surely clear my head. And it was very relaxing for about 30 minutes, until a big fat black spider crawled out from among the long grass I had just put my bare hands inside of.

The only logical thing to do next was bake. Something delicious and comforting. I decided on an apple pie, and apart from a minor mishap with the pastry (I'm still learning how to work with wheat-free pastry dough, a small tip - don't leave it in the fridge and then attempt to roll it out, it is similar to using a rolling pin on a hard rock). I would have shown you a picture of the pie but there was another incident when we cut it. It tasted great though!


And this was my dinner choice - grilled lamb on lentils with a spicy eggplant relish, topped with mint and cucumber yoghurt. Despite all the components to this it really was quite easy and very delicious! After dinner I ran myself a nice bubble bath and am feeling much better. Except that it's almost time to go to bed. Oh well, there is always tomorrow I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Days like these can be so frustrating!! on the bright side at least you ate well - your meal looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger