Thank goodness it was short lived!

November 5, 2008

Today has been a very productive day for the Rabbit & the Duck!

This morning I dropped off some more notebooks to Nord Living - there had been a rush on them recently and there were only a couple left! I found out that one of my French Cloud journals was bought by a young boy to give to his French teacher - I love hearing stories like this! I can never leave Nord Living empty handed, and came away with these felted chair pads for my recently acquired dining chairs.


Next up was Jack Stock in Richmond, a wholesale haberdashery. Wow is all I can say! Boxes upon boxes of zippers, threads, elastics and other supplies, all at really cheap prices and with helpful staff as well. I stocked up on these zips but am wishing I bought more of the orange ones now, they look so great with my black fabrics, particularly the black scooter. Oh well, just another reason to go back really! I'm considering some elastic at only 11 cents per metre - except that the minimum amount you can buy is 300 metres! I'd still be using it when I'm 80 I think!


A few more errands done and it was off to Scarlet Jones, this is the loveliest shop situated on Auburn Road in Hawthorn. I picked up some gorgeous linen thread which I'm sure will turn up stitched onto one of my journals sometime soon. I never knew it was possible to squish so much into one day!

3 comments:

  1. i love days like that!!!
    great chair pads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the story of the boy and his french teacher. Cute! I'm hoping my budget will allow me to buy myself a french journal in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a productive day! Jack Stock sounds like my kind of place... I will have to visit next time I am in Melbourne... I wonder if there is something similar in Brisbane??

    Love your chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger