christmas coupon #1 redeemed

January 15, 2009



Determined to make Christmas a handmade affair, and struggling to think of a crafty gift that my boyfriend would appreciate, I decided to make up a batch of coupons for him to redeem throughout the year. I love to cook, and we both love to eat, so a set of food related coupons seemed to be the answer. 

Funnily enough, on Christmas morning I sat in bed unwrapping all manner of kitchen related gifts including a pair of shiny red mixing bowls, a new wooden spoon (Mr French - partner to Mrs French who is a smaller version of the same spoon), and some new cookie cutters. I put the bowls and spoon to good use today when the first coupon was handed to me.

These were my first attempt at making peanut butter and choc chip cookies. I can't begin to tell you how good these cookies are! They are gluten free as well so I can eat them too (there has been some argument as to whether the gift giver is allowed to eat some of the cookies, but I think I've managed to win that one, for now). If you decide to make these cookies, I recommend following the suggestions of others and put in less sugar and choc chips. I also added a bit of gluten free SR flour (but you could use normal flour) which worked a treat.

OK...off to have another cookie and watch some new Gossip Girl episodes I think!    

9 comments:

  1. Would you believe that I don't think I have ever eaten peanut butter and choc chip cookies. I think I might just have to try making them. For the record I think the gift giver should definitely be allowed to eat the cookies, either that or just leave some mixture in the bowl and eat that while the biscuits are cooking - nobody would know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your profile blurb ... OMG you should see me dining table right now ...a pile of softies, 2 shoeboxes of assorted carting stuff, some old photos of my mum patting a reindeer ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the cookies with the adjustments suggested and they turned out really well. The only problem is that it is hard to stop at just eating one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon, I LOVE this idea!

    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still thinking about these cookies days later. I need to make another batch. And yes, it's hard to stop at just one!

    Thanks for your comments ladies : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ruby-Jo... re "nobody would know"

    I would know RJ, I would know.
    Shannon made me another batch last friday and it was suspiciously smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Mp, I guess that is my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank god I'm not the only one who's in love with gossip girl. I've been keeping it on the down-low as a bit of a dirty secret! (Those cookies look amazing, btw. They're making me hungry!)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger