black and white

February 19, 2009



I was excited today to find my letterhead journal featured in this gorgeous etsy treasury by aaron overstreet art. It inspired me to bring out the rest of the fabric (which is a delicious hand screen printed cotton/linen by aunty cookie) to sew up some matching pencil cases. I would have shown you a picture of those, but production came to a halt when I ran out of black sewing thread. A quick trip to Spotlight and I was stitching again. I was almost done and only had the hole in the lining to sew up, when I realised I didn't have any thread in a coordinating colour (I needed blue or purple, two colours I don't normally work with). There was no way I was going back to Spotlight so the pencil cases will sit in my 'work in progress' pile until I remember to finish them. I did get some other designs completed though. I may get around to taking photographs one day soon so stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. How have I missed this post? So simply, so gorgeous.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your etsy love Shannon:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger