the dress that started it

February 15, 2009



I have long been a fan of this gorgeous black bird fabric from kokka. On my last 3 visits to Amitie, I had been eyeing off the colourway below, but could never think of a project to use it for. Last week while shopping on Smith Street in Collingwood, I came across the dress above. Even though it was a bit expensive and slightly too small (do I ever learn?) I bought it anyway. It has been hanging on my bedroom door ever since, and each day I look at it lovingly. It's going to pay a visit to the dressmaker this week so I can wear it and breathe at the same time.

The more I looked at the dress, the more I wanted to buy some of the fabric for my own use. I started thinking of ways I could use it, and have decided that I am going to add some smaller journals to my range. So off to Amitie it was to get my stash stocked up! 


Want to play Sunday Stash? Visit Tam at 1/4 of an inch and leave a comment here.
You can also check out the ever growing stash over at Flickr.

7 comments:

  1. Would you believe that I saw that dress too and decided I had to find the fabric to make something with. I searched high and low on the internet but couldn't find it in the red colourway and forgot about it until I saw your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby-Jo! That's so funny, I love the red colourway the most as well and have also been searching for it. Another funny thing - my friend got given a brooch for her birthday last week - it is made of clear resin with a fabric back, and guess what the fabric is? The red and black birds! I might have to borrow it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is just divine Shannon!
    Lynelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool stash ... i tagged you BTW ... see blog too late and 'two' wines render me capable of only leaving a few witty comments on blogs ... i ran out of said 'wit; about 3 blogs ago ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely print, and I want that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that same dress too and loved it! But they didn't have it in my size. I love that shop :) And thanks for the Amitie tip, maybe a skirt is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely see a skirt made out of this fabric. Not made by me though. I wouldn't know where to begin to sew any type of clothing : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger