sunday stash: a love story

February 22, 2009



I know we've all seen this fabric many times before on various journals, clutches and pencil cases, but I have a love story to share and it involves this print, so please bear with me : )

My love affair with the french clouds began early last year when I was just learning to sew. I bought a metre of it from duckcloth and began stitching away on some sample journal covers (I should have started with calico perhaps but I am impatient). I quickly used up the metre I had and decided to buy more. But there was a problem - duckcloth did not have any left! After searching high and low for more and not having any luck, the lovely Leslie from good-ness offered to try and find some for me on her next fabric shopping outing in Japan. I was in luck, so ordered a few more metres, knowing this may be the last time I would have the opportunity to buy some.

This is where the story gets good : ) While searching online for the black bird fabric in my previous sunday stash post, I discovered jack and gill - an online store selling mostly handmade items for children. They have a small fabric section in their shop - and when I clicked to have a look I discovered most of the fabrics I use - including the french clouds - at heavily discounted prices. Plus they are in Australia! I was so excited I bought all of their remaining red french clouds, plus a few metres of the same print in black. I would definitely check them out if you have a love of japanese fabrics, they have some echino on sale as well.

I do enjoy a good love story, particularly one with a happy ending! 

5 comments:

  1. I do love that print and I love a love story that involves fabric even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous story, I'm off to check them out. There's nothing worse than running out of your fave fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thrill of the hunt! So exciting to find a bargain on something you love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love this fabric...I could never find it in red:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling of just having to have a fabric, the searching high and low for it is so worth it when you have the fabric in your hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger