on the move

April 3, 2009






images from sofie andersson

In my mind, this is what my dream home would look like...

Lots of white, some gorgeous timber, and a dash of red. Together with a bit of playfulness (I love the red polka dot wall!).

I'm really not meant to be browsing the internet looking at images of gorgeous homes. I'm meant to be packing. Packing boxes. Because in just over a week, I am moving house. We (the rabbit, the duck, and I) are going it alone to a cute little (actually, very little - I'm not sure how I'm going to fit all my furniture in!) abode near the beach in Melbourne. 

Some positives of moving:
- I'll be walking distance to the beach
- There is a great discount fabric store also within walking distance
- I'll be just around the corner from my good friend Lana
- I'll be able to decorate my new place exactly as I like

Some of the downsides:
- Packing always takes longer than you think
- You can never find anything when you need it
- I'm sure there are many other things, but I don't want to turn this into a 'woe is me' post : )

I'm going to try and keep the blog updated regularly, but please forgive me if posting becomes a bit sporadic over the next little while! 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with moving! It's so much fun decorating exactly as you please. I love the little menagerie in photo #2, that would make me happy if I had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Happy moving... how exciting! Moving sure can be a giant pain but it is great to start with a blank canvas!! Can't wait to see ur gaff post make over, polka dot walls n all :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're looking forward to having you on our beachy side of town!
    L :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new (little) house sounds lovely. This could be an exciting new adventure, a place all your own to be your sanctuary, you could make a nest out of your stash! I'm excited to find out what you've found in there. Let me know if you need help moving boxes or bodies or whatever.

    That headboard broke my heart a little bit.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fresh start by the sea sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm just been reading over your moving house posts (and between the lines). Hmmm, that might be me soon, and I often wonder if or how I'll blog about it... x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger