it's not all about the technology

May 15, 2009


image originally uploaded by mecookie

I am almost hesitant to write about what I have been doing all morning. And most of last night. You see, my internet got reconnected yesterday. And I have barely been able to drag myself away from my laptop. Last night it came to bed with me for some much needed blog reading. This morning I've been plonked on a stool at the dining table catching up on all those things I haven't been able to do easily over the past few weeks - updating my own blog, checking my Etsy shop, paying my bills with internet banking (not a favourite activity). 

Although it feels great to reconnect to everyone in this way, I have been thinking more and more about the simple pleasure of receiving a handwritten note in the mail. A letter written by a friend. A postcard from a far away place. I started thinking about a possible letter swap that I could run, but then I discovered I didn't need to reinvent the wheel - the lovely folk over at postcrossing have already done it! How does it work?

- You register your details
- You get sent an address of someone in the world
- You send them a postcard! 
- You are then eligible to receive a postcard from someone else

What a great idea! I have already signed myself up and am looking forward to sending off my first postcard. 

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Hello lovely!
    Good to have you back. I love the postcrossing idea and have signed up too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger