my new favourite dress

May 21, 2009

New from old has been a hot topic around here at the moment. A friend and I both recently stumbled across the Wardrobe Refashion project, where you sign up to a 2, 4 or 6 month contract and pledge to either create your own clothing, or refashion preloved items. I do love the sound of this, but at this stage in my sewing career (can you call it a career?) I have yet to attempt to make any sort of clothing. I'm worried I will end up having to wear something that resembles a sack. I also don't seem to have the ability to look at a thrifted find and imagine another way to use it. 

image kindly borrowed from grosgrain

I've long been a fan of the grosgrain blog. Every week I get to be inspired by the fabulous creations that Kathleen makes from seemingly beyond hope thrift shop purchases. This particular dress has pushed me over the edge and I can totally imagine myself wearing it on a Summer's day, perhaps enjoying a picnic with fresh baked desserts and sparkling drinks. 

If you are keen to win this dress, click on over to:
Blueberry Pie Refashioned Frock GIVEAWAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful! I just love the idea of reusing and recycling (as you can probably tell by my shop:-)) By the way: I'm making more cookies today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do make a dress that resembles a sack... just tie a belt around the middle and voila, fixed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger