image originally uploaded by lenton sands
Yes, I'm still here! It is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get my internet reconnected - the technician thinks it will be another 2 weeks before I'm back up and running. Can't they just plug in a cable? And free me from my internet withdrawal symptoms? What could possibly take so long?
Anyhow, thanks to the lovely Lana, I am able to give you a quick update on some random things that have been happening in my life recently. In no particular order:
- I have finished unpacking all my boxes. Yippee. However, the rabbit seems to have gone missing. I cannot find him anywhere. I remember thinking to myself while packing 'I'll put him here, it's nice and safe so he won't get broken'. If only I could remember where that 'safe spot' is, I'd be a happier girl.
- I finally started sewing again today. Sewing is great therapy for a broken heart, particularly when done to a soundtrack of good (or bad, however you like to think of it) 80's music.
- I have been exploring some of my new local area this week. Yesterday I ventured in to the fabric store around the corner (I left my purse at home to avoid temptation). It was quite soothing standing amongst the towering bolts of brightly coloured fabrics. I think this will need to be a regular activity.
- I have over 550 blog posts to catch up on in my Google Reader. I apologise to you all in advance if I don't get to read through them all. But I will try.
- Tomorrow I am off to a church fete. I am hoping for lovely handmade goodies and lots of grandma craft and baking. I love a good church fete.
- I am cooking a roast chicken for dinner tomorrow for some friends. I am very excited by this, as my previous kitchen had a very old, very small oven that had no chance of fitting a roasting dish inside. I've had the Jamie Oliver book open on my kitchen bench all week. Thank you Jamie.
Just in case you're wondering, the above image really has nothing to do with this post. I just really like it. These pegs are much nicer than the brightly coloured plastic ones I have at my place. I think it might be time to upgrade.
Until next time...(hopefully not another 2 weeks). I hear there is a cafe around the corner that offers free wireless internet, I may become a frequent visitor...