where are you tonight?

May 1, 2009


image originally uploaded by lenton sands

Yes, I'm still here! It is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get my internet reconnected - the technician thinks it will be another 2 weeks before I'm back up and running. Can't they just plug in a cable? And free me from my internet withdrawal symptoms? What could possibly take so long?

Anyhow, thanks to the lovely Lana, I am able to give you a quick update on some random things that have been happening in my life recently. In no particular order:

  • I have finished unpacking all my boxes. Yippee. However, the rabbit seems to have gone missing. I cannot find him anywhere. I remember thinking to myself while packing 'I'll put him here, it's nice and safe so he won't get broken'. If only I could remember where that 'safe spot' is, I'd be a happier girl.
  • I finally started sewing again today. Sewing is great therapy for a broken heart, particularly when done to a soundtrack of good (or bad, however you like to think of it) 80's music.
  • I have been exploring some of my new local area this week. Yesterday I ventured in to the fabric store around the corner (I left my purse at home to avoid temptation). It was quite soothing standing amongst the towering bolts of brightly coloured fabrics. I think this will need to be a regular activity. 
  • I have over 550 blog posts to catch up on in my Google Reader. I apologise to you all in advance if I don't get to read through them all. But I will try.
  • Tomorrow I am off to a church fete. I am hoping for lovely handmade goodies and lots of grandma craft and baking. I love a good church fete.
  • I am cooking a roast chicken for dinner tomorrow for some friends. I am very excited by this, as my previous kitchen had a very old, very small oven that had no chance of fitting a roasting dish inside. I've had the Jamie Oliver book open on my kitchen bench all week. Thank you Jamie.

Just in case you're wondering, the above image really has nothing to do with this post. I just really like it. These pegs are much nicer than the brightly coloured plastic ones I have at my place. I think it might be time to upgrade.

Until next time...(hopefully not another 2 weeks). I hear there is a cafe around the corner that offers free wireless internet, I may become a frequent visitor...

7 comments:

  1. Nice that you are here again!

    Roasted chicken - sounds so delicious. Hope you have lovely time with you friend.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Piia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely, I really wanted to comment on your blog while you were still here and write something like i like your white ballet flats. Anyway then the wiggles website happened and there was no going back.
    See you soon gorgeous! (if youre at villa and hut i recommend the chai but the woman behind the coffee machine has a tendancy to get the orders wrong)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you. 550 blog posts to read, that's a little insane! I have trouble going without the internet a couple of hours so 2 weeks sounds like torture. Hope your broken heart is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! welcome back to blogland! so glad to have you back, and hopefully you'll be up and running properly very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed you---sewing is good for a broken heart, but just watch out what music is on. I don't know about you, but for me, all the music that meant something during the relationship becomes off-limits when it's over! So here's to new music and new neighborhoods and new things to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so nice to have you back! But boo to the rabbit going missing, could he be hiding somewhere, the scamp? I hope you find him soon and that they plug in your cable right away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shannon, good to hear that you are settling in and have unpacked your boxes. I hope your rabbit turns up soon! I know that type of "safe" spot..;-) I'm sure you'll find it eventually. I'm at a similar stage, our boxes are (almost) all unpacked and I'm beginning to settle in Sydney. LUCKILY I do have a wireless modem and I'm hanging on to it! Hope you have your internet connection back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger