an inspiring weekend

June 14, 2009



Woah. What a huge weekend! 

It all started yesterday morning when I set off for the Sisters Market. Car fully stocked. Gumboots on. Warm scarf at the ready. The market was a busy mix of sales, chatting to all my lovely customers and blog readers, a spot of knitting, and a tiny bit of shopping. Thank you to everyone who stopped by my stall to say hello - I loved catching up with you all and it was really rewarding to hear your feedback. 

I had intended to go straight home after the market and get an early night, but instead I detoured to my good friend's house for 'one' drink. One drink turned into a few glasses of red wine plus dinner plus lots of great conversation. Thank you Erin & Co for a lovely night! 

This morning I was up at 5.30am (crazy!) to get ready for the Melbourne Design Market. What a fantastic day! Being surrounded by so much talent (and most of it local) is so inspiring. I finally had a chance to meet the Ink & Spindle girls, whose stall looked amazing as always. I also got to meet many of my favourite bloggers/crafty gals including Penny from Pocket Carnival, Amy from Moyou, and Franziska from Lyptis. I wish I had taken my camera along to capture the day but I was too sleepy this morning to remember it!

Speaking of sleep, before I head off to bed I have a few promises to fulfill : )

I finally finished my inspiration blackboard, and thought today would be a good time to share it with you.

I was also asked to compile a short report on the gumboots : ) I have worn them for a total of 27 hours this weekend (and have been on my feet for most of that time) and am pleased to report that they were very comfortable. Plus my feet were toasty warm all weekend. The gumboots get a big tick of approval.

Goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  

13 comments:

  1. I am LOVING your blackboard ! I think I may have to 'steal' a couple of your ideas for my home office to make my paperwork 'appear crafty' hehe
    Katherine x
    www.thesavannahroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the boot update!! Sounds like they were a good investment.

    As usual your stall was beautifully displayed, it is hard not to want to touch everything (actually I think I did!!).

    Jen in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blackboard looks brilliant! well done!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inspiration blackboard. It's good to have goals set out in writing. Can't wait to see new fabric designs in your work (hint)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey :-) Thanks for stopping by yesterday- it was lovely to finally meet you! I've been admiring your stuff from afar so it was great to have a face to the goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was SO lovely to finally catch up with you yesterday!! Thanks for taking the time out from your busy day to chat :)

    I look forward to having an email catch up in a couple of weeks time post-markets to hear how things are going for you.

    I hope you aren't feeling too weary today. Have a good week x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i admire your organisational prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to meet you yesterday! But, I forgot to look at the gumboots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your inspiration board...ace work shannon!

    Sounds like you had a fabbo weekend:)

    Tam xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great board! Hope the market was fun...I was there briefly but too embarrassed to say hello (it's kinda like we're gamers with our little alias names) but will do at the next market I see you at, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I should have said markets - forgot there were two. I was at the DM and wish I went to Sisters' too, it sounded great...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your inspiration blackboard is so fine! Well done.
    You have had busy weekend, but it sound still nice.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blackboard! The family could do with one of those! Your weekend sounds just lovely and lovin those boots of yours! Talk to you soon and keep up the FANTASTIC work! Lynelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger