moove on over

June 9, 2009

There is a new addition to my wardrobe!

Some of my dearest friends would be only too happy to tell you that I am not the most practical person when it comes to footwear. Until now I have been a strict ballet flats only type of girl, with the occasional sandal in Summer. But ballet flats are not the best choice of footwear for cold, wet Melbourne winters.


Today I popped in for what was meant to be a quick visit with Miss Claude at Claude the Bird. She had some great new Winter stock and these boots in the window caught my eye. Now, I do love a good boot, and had been planning to hit the shops for some this week. While we were chatting a customer came in and tried some on - they looked so good! I had to try a pair. An hour and a half later I was still pacing up and down the shop in these boots trying to convince myself I needed them. Thankfully Miss Claude is one very patient shop keeper. 

Anyhow, long story short - these are my new boots from MooveCulture. They are rubber gumboots (great for splashing about in puddles on the streets of Melbourne) and they are lined with 100% lambswool to keep your feet snug and warm. Mine are a lovely shade of green. I think I might wear them to the Sisters Market this Saturday.

To balance this very practical purchase, I also bought some not so practical but a little bit sexy lingerie - it's frilly, very girly and has red polka dots. Because we can't be practical all the time. And before you ask, no, I won't be posting a photograph of the lingerie. And no, I won't be wearing it with the gumboots. Well, probably not.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh !

    On the subject of underwear, always be VERY careful what you wear each day .. you never know when you might need to go to hospital, as I did last Friday night, and let's just say .. after I fainted, the doctors & nurses were shocked to find they had a patient with a bright red 'DANGER high voltage' bottom in their emergency department ! So purchase 'many' of the red polka dot lingerie !

    Katherine x
    www.thesavannahroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, love this post. also love the idea of DANGER high voltage underpants in emergency!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Funny post.
    I will just have to see your famous boots this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh disappointed the boots aren't going to be worn with the new lingerie. Because they absolutely would MATCH perfectly. If not being a little odd combo, they would be adorable. Which is cute and not as sexy. Ho hum. Yes, keep them separate.

    Giddy from flu!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger