a tissue, a tissue, we all fall down

June 5, 2009


image by dommie via Flickr

In a perfect world, today I would be enjoying my day off by:
  • Spending some time creating new items for Rabbit & the Duck
  • Getting out to enjoy the lovely sunshine in Melbourne today
  • Finishing my inspiration board and blogging about it
  • Perhaps a spot of baking in the afternoon
Instead, I am cozied up on the sofa with a blanket, a big pile of old magazines, my laptop, and a box of tissues. I have succumbed to the winter cold or flu that I have been trying so hard to avoid. No amount of Vitamin C will save me now.

To give you an idea of the extent of my ailment picture this scenario: You have been waiting for new fabric to arrive in the post - you hear the postman pull up - an hour goes by and you are still sitting on the sofa, trying to find the energy to go and check the mailbox. Because to do that would involve brushing your hair and getting out of your PJ's, two things that seem beyond your capabilities right now. 

I wonder if I can hold out until the cover of darkness? Or should I just get over the whole 'need to look presentable to go out in public' thing and make a run for it? 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    I hope you feel better soon!
    I met you in Feb at the Sisters Market and have been checking your blog regularly.
    I just thought I'd let you know that I was in Ikea the other day and noticed some wooden coat hangers near the checkouts. I think they were called "Bumerang". They might not be exactly what you're looking for but thought I'd let you know anyway :)
    Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan : )
    I could cover all 4 walls in my bedroom with the amount of IKEA wooden hangers I have : ) They are so great and super cheap! I might have to use some of them and try that stamping project.
    Cheers, Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. commiserations about your ill fated day off. hopefully the bugs will leave you alone after this. hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. you mean i shouldn't be going outside in my PJ's? :P
    get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's new fabric so of course I suggest you make a run for it! Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's dark now, so if you haven't already - go! get it! (Make sure you put a scarf around your face, though!)
    :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing Shannon. Get well and enjoy that new fabric when you get your hands on it.
    Beky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get well soon! It's illegal to be sick in the weekend when you should to enjoy your life.

    Have a nice weekend despite the flu. Tomorrow will be better, trust me:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better...Tam xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger