shop profile: thread den north melbourne

July 20, 2009




I've been meaning to write a little story about the delightful Thread Den sewing lounge + shop for some time. So on my visit today to drop off some journals I made sure I took along my camera to snap some shots!

Thread Den is filled with lovely vintage finds together with lots of handmade clothing and accessories. On my last visit I couldn't resist a denim skirt by joolipa and it's since become one of my favourite things to wear. Today I had my eye on the most gorgeous yellow vintage petticoat (one of those huge full ones that make you feel like a rock n roll gal) but I was very restrained and managed to leave it in the shop.

AND some exciting news!

Thread Den are having their very own market day on Sunday August 9th - and the Rabbit & the Duck will be there! The market will be a collection of vintage, designer, and handmade treats (including some tasty ones) so should be lots of fun!

Thread Den Market Day
Sunday August 9th
10am-2pm
@ The Lithuanian Club
44 Errol Street, North Melbourne

Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. looks like such a cute shop! Will have to get myself to Australia one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to get to Thread Den fore th longest time, this may be the perfect excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, sometimes i wish i lived in melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see you at the market! Sounds like it'll be a fun day. Promise I'll say hello this time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger