i heart: my local greengrocer

September 13, 2009


This is a bit of a strange 'i heart' post but it is in keeping with the 'live simply' theme I seem to have started so just go with me on this one : )


I've just returned from a trip to my local green grocer (these photo's are unfortunately not from my local, but you get the idea!). I love shopping here for several reasons:
  • The fruit and vegies are always super fresh and delicious.
  • The staff are friendly and helpful and are always laughing and chatting with each other.
  • The store closes early occasionally for 'team award nights'. I love this!
  • They have a great selection of other goodies such as cheeses, olives, chocolate, and general supplies - so you can do a big chunk of your weekly shopping in the one place.
  • The store is walking distance from my place - perfect for a Sunday afternoon stroll!
Today when I visited I overhead a conversation between one of the staff with a customer, they were discussing the different ways to cook a certain style of potato. I love knowing there are knowledgeable staff who are happy to answer any question I may have. I came home with a bulging bag (one of my reusable ones of course!) of colourful fruits and vegetables and daydreams of all the delicious things I am going to cook this week.


After my green grocer outing I had to venture into the supermarket (one of those large chain ones) to get a few remaining items from my list. What a contrast! Trolleys jostling in the narrow aisles. Rows of pre-packaged fruit and vegies. Fluoro lighting. Staff who barely say hello when you go through the checkout. I was in and out of there as fast as I could be, vowing to myself to never go there again on a Sunday afternoon! 

1 comment:

  1. absolutely no comparison btwn the local greengrocer and the supermarket, is there? how lucky are we to have so much choice?! love it. happy cooking with all your new produce. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger