the weekend that was

October 12, 2009



It was a busy but fun weekend as the Rabbit & the Duck took on not one, but two markets!

First up on Saturday was the Yarraville market. A quiet day but great to chat to other stall holders and I enjoyed relaxing and snacking on lots of chocolate : ) Melbourne was blessed with perfect spring weather this weekend, so after the market a friend and I headed to the park for a walk, a chat, and lots of lazing on the grass (with the occasional interruption by over-excited puppy dogs who wanted to see if we had any food, or pats, for them!).

At 5am on Sunday my alarm went off - a friend and I were sharing a stall at the Camberwell market. What a great day! Perfect weather again (though I did get a little sunburnt), lots of stuff cleared from the shed, and a few finds for my upcoming stalls including a beautiful old chocolate brown leather suitcase. More park time in the afternoon - I really had forgotten how relaxing it is to walk barefoot on the grass, and just sit and enjoy the quietness of a garden. It was certainly a perfect way to end the weekend.

Today I am dashing about like a mad woman as I tidy up some Rabbit & the Duck things before packing my bags for a trip to Queensland tomorrow. I'll be away for a week but hope to get online when I can, hopefully with photo's of sunny beaches to share! Now, where are my bathers.... 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great market weekend:) Looking forward to meeting you in Brissy, and don't forget those bathers... the weather here today is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger