sunday: sun, shopping, st kilda

November 16, 2009

After weeks of busy preparation for the highly anticipated Thread Den market, I woke yesterday to a beautiful morning. Call me crazy but I was out of bed by 6am and down on the beach by 6.15am for a relaxing walk along the sand. The beach is such a calming place at that time of day, I was practically the only person down there and all I could hear was the sound of the waves.   


A few hours later and I was in North Melbourne setting up my stall. A good deal of time was spent trying to figure out where to put the absolutely enormous blackboard and easel I had brought with me. After much dragging back and forth it ended up behind my stall, but I'm so glad I had it with me - I love it!



After a great day of chatting to customers and fellow stall holders (hello Penny and Susan!) I packed up the car and headed home. Feeling motivated I actually unloaded my car as soon as I got home (I have been known to leave the car packed for days after a market!). It was then off to St Kilda to spend the evening with a friend. In typical Melbourne fashion we met outside Luna Park before enjoying a night of great food (oh gelati how I love thee), walking and talking along the beach, and a beer at a secret St Kilda hangout with great views, peace and quiet, and cheap drinks (I can't tell you where, that would spoil the secret!).


And yes, I wore my Summer dress again. It was the perfect choice for a perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a busy day! I was so tired after the market and it was only 4 hours - I'm lame! And your blackboard is sooo good, LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blackboard display! :)
    and what a wonderful day indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger