a bit of this and a bit of that

December 29, 2009



Today has been a creative day in a different sense of the word. I've taken this week off from sewing and have been enjoying catching up on all those things that get put to one side during the busy times of the year. 

After breakfast I took myself off to the nursery to finally get my garden sorted. Since I started working from home, I've realised how important it is to have some extra space to relax in outside of the house. My garden has been a bit forgotten about and with some of the weeds now reaching head height, it was time to take action! A few new tools, some big pots, and a bunch of vegies and herbs got me started. The most exciting addition to my garden is my new worm farm! I've been determined to get a bit more environmentally friendly with how I live and the worm farm is one step towards this. It was so much fun setting it up, and I was surprised that I didn't freak myself out when putting the worms in!

After an afternoon in the garden, it was time for some baking. I received a big jar of muesli bar cookies from my lovely friend Erin for Christmas, they lasted a grand total of 3 days in my house (which I thought was pretty good). Part of the gift was a recipe card for the cookies, so this evening I decided to make up another batch. How good do all the colours look? They are baking right now and the house is filled with the delicious smell of toasted oats and honey.

There should be more days like this!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a great day indeed. oohh can imagine how yummy your place smells with the fabulous baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Shannon! What a lovely gift, muesli bars AND the recipe! And your garden plans sound exciting. We must catch up soon in the new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing of more relaxing tin the garden - free of head high weeds ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Christmas Shannon and glad you are having a bit of time off to have a rest. Those muesli cookies sound yum!
    Lynelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello darling duck girl. just a word of warning with worm farms...beware of ants! my poor little ants were well and truly defeated by a great army of them! if anyone has some tips...please let me know. And the feet of the worm farm in water does not help. I don't know how they managed to make boats to cross it but they did. x x x happy new year bella rabbit girlie! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i mean my worms....it's been a long day. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear how the worm farm goes...I've been meaning to get one for yonks, yay for worms! And happy new year, may it be filled with much crafty fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger