a rainy day in melbourne town

March 6, 2010


This morning I set off in jeans and a t-shirt to meet Penny. We went op shopping. Checked out the Sisters Market at St Kilda town hall. Had sushi for lunch. Browsed the shops on Carlisle Street. All the while, some ominous looking grey clouds were drifting in. When the sky turned black as night we decided to call it a day and head home. I cut through the St Kilda library to get back to my car. Decided to stop for a loo break. Big mistake! I went to leave the library and was faced with bucketing rain, hail and wind. After waiting it out for awhile I decided to make a run for it. Reaching the car, I discovered it almost knee high in water! Shoes off, jeans up, and a bit of a swim later, I was out of the rain and on my way home. What a day!

The beautiful St Kilda town hall.

The lovely Tamara from Retro Print Revival - what a gorgeous display!

And now for some chocolate slice and a cup of tea....

2 comments:

  1. what an amazing place! Cool post, I am glad you made it through the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab photo of the lamp display! the lamps are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger