sunday stash: more vintage love

March 28, 2010


Fabric stash at the Mornington Antique Centre

Yesterday a friend and I headed down the peninsula for a visit to the Mornington Antique Centre. Oh goodness! I was almost giddy with excitement as we walked into the absolutely MASSIVE warehouse filled with all manner of lovely old things. 

I scored a few bargains - an old wooden ironing board and a beautiful old brown leather suitcase, both perfect for upcoming market stall displays. I also snapped up a few vintage dresses and a very frilly nightdress (hello nanna!). 

I've heard that the centre is due to close soon (I'm not sure when) so I'm already planning my next visit. My friend and I spent a good 3 hours wandering about and it was barely enough time to scratch the surface!

Happy Sunday xx

7 comments:

  1. This looks like heaven! So lucky that you are close by. It's it sad how so many of these places are closing down these days? Have fun with your stash :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like heaven. I am going to have to try and get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been down there for years, will have to make the effort soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that place. Yes, even a whole day is not enough to get through all the gorgeousness. I was there last month for a few hours & only bought one gorgeous stool (covered in the most prettiest vintage fabric)...couldnt resist and it looks lovely in my bedroom.

    Why is it closing down? Will have to find out when! I couldn't stand missing out on another expedition there! :-) I have dreams of that place!!! Maybe i should go again while i have the time.
    It is so sad that its closing. Why are all the great places going??? melbourne is losing all the great furniture places. where are we to go for bargains?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soooooo need to find that place on our next trip sown that way. it sounds like you had the perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a stall holder at the Mornington Antique Centre and hopefully it will be open till at least September. The owners are then hoping to relocate nearby so we'll still be able to provide a great range of antiques, old wares and vintage fabric and clothing. Another new antique centre is opening on May 1st 2010 at 2 Collins Rd Dromana. Some of the stall holders from Mornington are opening there also, so that's worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes the Mornington Antique Center is closing in September but there is a very similar but even better place (much cleaner, not as huge and beautifully set out) called The Vintage Shed that has opened up in Tyabb, just down the road from the packing house. They have a lot of great stuff and are also about to open up a vintage clothing boutique. It is excellent, staff are so helpful, highly reccommend you check it out - website too. www.thevintageshed.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger