i heart: the fabric store

April 12, 2010


image credit: global fabrics

Not just any fabric store, but The Fabric Store - which has recently opened at 184 Brunswick Street in Fitzroy. 

I first discovered The Fabric Store while visiting Wellington, New Zealand (down there it is known as Global Fabrics). I popped in on a grey windy day and while inside it started to absolutely pour with rain - a perfect excuse to spend another hour or so browsing around. In the end I had to make a trip to the post office as my suitcase was already overflowing with delicious wools and lovely linens.

Today I visited the Melbourne store for the first time. And the second time. First this morning, and then again this afternoon. I snapped up a gorgeous charcoal wool/cashmere - soon to be made into journal covers and perhaps some zip pouches to keep your essentials warm this Winter. And while I'm at it, maybe some cushions as well. So many possibilities...

2 comments:

  1. Wow , thats so great that they are here, i used to buy lots from them back in Auckland. I will have to go and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear .... I think I feel my addiction kicking in. And worse, this is just down the road from me! A mere tram trip away! A short ten minutes on the bike! Oh no .....I'm doomed, dooooomed I tell you.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger