i heart: my local thrift shop

July 31, 2010

It's a lovely sunny day in Melbourne so this morning I headed out for a walk to the green grocer to stock my kitchen full of fresh fruit and vegies for the week ahead. On my trip home I couldn't resist popping in to the local op shop - it's become a bit of a regular stop on my errand runs and I usually always find a treasure of some sort. 


Today was no exception.... I was just about to leave empty-handed when I spied these vintage wooden pegs in a plastic bag hidden at the back of a shelf. This is only half of them and they only cost me $2! I have since removed all of the hideous coloured plastic pegs that adorned my washing line, to be replaced with these beauties. 

The fabric is something I picked up on my most recent trip down to Mornington. It is in the 'to be made into an apron' pile. 

Now I'm in the mood for baking and doing housework in a pretty floral dress with a matching apron. I definitely think I was a 1950's housewife in a previous life!

6 comments:

  1. How cute, what a nice find! The fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pegs. Very envious. They look like they're in tip-top shape

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a beautiful day. the pegs are a very cute find x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are sooooooo lucky, they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look amazing! and in such good condition too... nice find :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger