diary of a monday

August 23, 2010

antique spoon garden markers from hammermann.

Today I woke to see a beautiful golden light trying to push its way through my bedroom blinds. After some of the grey Winter days we have had lately, it was a welcome sight to see the sun shining brightly against a clear blue sky. These first few glimpses of Spring bring with them a renewed energy and joyfulness.... so much so that I decided it was too nice to be indoors.

Instead I packed up the car and headed down the freeway to R's house. I even had the windows open in the car - I love the feeling of the wind in my hair while driving fast (though I'm sure it's not very fuel efficient, hm). The afternoon has been spent outdoors in the garden - getting my hands dirty, checking on the lettuces I planted last week, and planting some more veggies (a few beetroot and some cabbages). Oh how I've missed gardening! I live in a teeny tiny apartment with not much space for a garden, so to spend some time in a big backyard with lots of trees, flowers, and a big veggie patch is really special.

I'm more than ready for Spring to arrive and have been dreaming of warm days, walks along the beach with bare feet, pretty floral dresses, lying on the grass under a shady tree, and sipping lots of summery drinks. Yes, I'm definitely ready for all of those things!

Bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. The warm weather does lift the spirits.... I also love getting out in the garden & getting grubby... Dirt under the fingernails is very theraputic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome today wasn't it? Unfortunately I was working in studio but did go for a couple of walks to make the most of the sunshine. Bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am green like a lettuce! Summer is virtually over here in France and there is a definate whiff of Autumn in the air, sniff. Great spoons. can I come and live with you this winter, haha...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger