i heart: pretty vintage china

September 7, 2010



When I first moved out of home - many years ago - I bought myself a plain white dinner set from Target. It's served me well, and minus a few bowls that met an untimely fate on the kitchen floor, is still going strong. 

But as much as I love the simplicity of white, I've been increasingly drawn lately to the old fashioned beauty of all things pre-loved and pretty. I've been dreaming of cupcakes in polka dot wrappers served on delicate floral plates. Toast on a bread and butter plate edged in silver. 

I've started hunting for old china in op shops and antique stores. I was quite pleased with these lovelies that I picked up on the weekend.

Toast + tea anyone?

5 comments:

  1. If you don't mind paying proper money, Mill Markets in Daylesford is a china collector's dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plate on the lower left side. I spent Sunday raiding my mum's collection of mismatched cups and saucers for a tea party I'm holding in a few weeks. I think things taste better when they are on vintage china!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so do I! Teacups are my thing. Your collection looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I am exactly the same, have plain white dinner set and are craving something with a bit more of a story... You have inspired me to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger