tea for two + two for tea

September 11, 2010



This morning I was up bright and early and in the kitchen baking cupcakes at 7.30am. I felt a bit naughty eating cupcake batter before I'd even had breakfast, but you can't bake cupcakes and not lick the beaters. It's just unheard of.

Anyhow, this afternoon I had a lovely afternoon tea at a friend's place, there were 8 of us (the title for this post was inspired by a Doris Day song, which I was listening to while baking). I am now in need of a nap to sleep off all the delicious treats I ate. Nothing beats a catch up with friends over tea and cake to wind up a Saturday.

Oh, and in other news, today at the local op shop I scored an awesome pair of red wellies, just perfect to wear in the garden. I cannot wait to give them a try! I'm so looking forward to longer hours of daylight where I can spend the evening outside in the garden, or down at the beach. Spring is definitely in the air! 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Those cupcakes look delicious....and you're right you absolutely can not bake cupcakes and not lick the beaters! Regardless of what time of day it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute post! i want to bake cupcakes and lick beaters now x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger