weekend adventures + more aprons!

September 27, 2010

Yesterday was Sunday. I was meant to be sewing, but instead the sun was shining and I decided I'd much rather be outdoors. It was the perfect afternoon for a drive down the coast, with blue skies, wide open spaces and many glimpses of the shimmering ocean. My destination - a new vintage market in Dromana, and if time permitted, a stop at my new favourite place - The Vintage Shed in Tyabb.


I picked up a couple of plates for my collection in Dromana, and was happy I had managed to leave without spending too much money. I really should have just gone straight home.... but no, there was time for The Vintage Shed and I really was enjoying my afternoon out. Within the space of 30 minutes I had purchased - a gorgeous 1970's summer frock, a brown leather clutch purse, and the biggest stash of vintage fabric and trim (though admittedly it is not all for me, some of it has already been handed over to Penny from Pocket Carnival). I am particularly fond of the green and white polka dot teapots on the top of the pile - the first thing I ever learnt to sew was a pencil case - my Grandma taught me and we used the matching tea cup fabric!


And this morning the postie knocked on my door and handed over a big box - I was so excited I could barely open it as I knew it contained the above collection of vintage aprons. It was like Christmas as I tried each one on and tried not to squeal too loudly. I'm sure the neighbours must think I'm quite strange, if they don't already.....

Lucky they didn't see me wheeling an old wheelbarrow down the street at midnight last night (it is hard rubbish collection around here, and the wheelbarrow will be perfect for the garden with lots of herbs planted in it).

Happy Monday x

4 comments:

  1. Love that fabric stash.
    I love hard rubbish collection have been know to stop the car & load things into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are awesome. I'm so jealous! I never seem to be able to find such interesting and fabulous patterns down here in Tassie. Why would anyone want to get rid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a great score! Beautiful fabric....
    ps. Can you believe FK is in less than 2 weeks time?!! I'm wondering if I should have just skipped the stall thing and gone for the shopping!! Hope you're going well anyway and looking forward to seeing you there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i see my lovely fabrics , so happy that you bought them because i'm sure they will turn up in lovely creations....merci for shopping in my new store at the Vintage Shed in Tyabb....A bientot..Virginie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger