a country roadtrip

October 1, 2010

Yesterday morning while the city was still quiet and the sun was barely risen, I packed up the car and headed out of Melbourne. My destination - Castlemaine, about 2 hours drive away. My mission - to visit as many op shops as possible and also find time to relax before the craziness of the Christmas market season descends upon me.

First stop was Kyneton, and my first purchase of the day - 2 vintage red leather suitcases. I had just been lamenting my lack of a nice weekender bag the night before. Someone was clearly listening as not long after entering my first op shop of the day, an interesting character popped in with a suitcase in either hand. We had a lovely chat and I promised him I would give the suitcases a good new home.

A few hours later (and now in Castlemaine) I had filled the boot with bag after bag containing everything from frilly nighties to an 80's dress with huge shoulder pads. And quite a few doilies. I think I am officially op shopped out!



Today was spent in Bendigo with R and his girls, we had lunch on the grass in the sun surrounded by hundreds of tulips in full bloom. Such a pretty sight! 

Tomorrow I'm off to Daylesford - the Makers Market is on and I think a trip out to The Mill antique centre is also in order. After that it's time to head home and get back on the sewing machine, but at least I am feeling relaxed and inspired for the busy weeks ahead!

Happy weekend x

1 comment:

  1. How was Bendigo? I'm vaguely wanting to move out there... will probably have to go and check it out first though!!! The real estate prices there are too amazing. Huge Renovated 5 bedrooms with pool for $700k? Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger