it's a wide open road

November 12, 2010

Yesterday I decided I needed an 'inspiration' day. I think the pot holders started it. When R called at lunch time to suggest a bike ride down the Mornington Peninsula followed by a walk along the beach all my good intentions of doing a full day of sewing went out the window. 

It was the perfect day for getting outside - warm, not too sunny, a nice breeze. There are lots of fun things about being a bikie chick for the afternoon - getting to wear a leather jacket and shiny red motorcycle helmet, cruising down country roads at speeds too fast to mention, and feeling the wind rushing past you. The not so fun things - helmet hair, and riding past piles and piles of hard rubbish on the return trip and knowing you can't stop to pick anything up. Though I did entertain the idea of balancing a vintage suitcase on my lap. 


Our destination for the afternoon was Bushranger's Bay - this is the view from the walking track before you descend down the stairs to the beach.



The ocean was so blue! And the water was freezing - I had contemplated going for a bit of a swim but as soon as the first wave washed over my feet that idea disappeared.


I always have to take a picture of my feet. It's become a strange habit of mine. 

Today things are back to normal - a big pile of cushion covers are waiting for zips to be sewn in. Some tote bags need handles. And there is a trip to the post office later this afternoon. 

Happy weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I photograph my feet too...I wander if there is a name for people like us? Lovely photos...looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger