today's project + merry christmas!

December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve! For the first time in a long time (having worked retail for many, many years) I have today free to do what I please. Did I take advantage of this to sleep in? No. I woke up early and was too excited to stay in bed : )

In a few moments I am going to pack up the car, close the laptop, and head south for a few days with R and his family. There will be projects to do, food to make and eat, and time spent together. Weather permitting, there will be Christmas dinner on the beach. I have my bathers packed.


Today's project is to construct 20+ Christmas crackers for everyone. Yesterday N and I had a ball in the local variety shop picking out treasures (can you call a plastic trinket a treasure?) to go inside. We found spinning tops, kaleidoscopes, mini harmonicas and some old fashioned card games like Snap and Old Maid. Fun! I'm now trying to decide if I should include some cheesy jokes as well. I will need to ask R about those, he has quite a repertoire hehe.

I also wanted to take this time to say thank you to you all for a wonderful year. It has been my first full year of Rabbit & the Duck since leaving my full-time job, and while it's certainly been a learning curve it has also been a lot of fun and very rewarding. I look forward to the year ahead - there will be new things to make and new adventures to pursue. I hope you'll join me : )

Have a wonderful Christmas however you choose to spend it, and see you soon!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely Christmas Shannon. Hopefully we'll meet up at a market again sometime in the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger