mail day

March 21, 2011

What girl doesn't enjoy receiving a parcel in the mail? I love parcels filled with fabric, or other pretty things. I particularly love parcels that are packaged in an extra special way, such as these two that arrived on my doorstep this morning.


This one came all the way from India, and has a very pretty sari inside. But look! The sari is wrapped in a muslin bag, and the outside has been hand stitched closed. I'm surprised the stamps managed to stay fully attached to the front despite it's long journey. This one was too nice to just throw away, so it's now pegged to my inspiration board. Perhaps a new way to send out Rabbit & the Duck orders?


The outside of this package was a very lovely plain brown kraft paper. I love kraft paper, it brings back 'brown paper packages tied up with string' memories. I quickly tore this particular parcel open to get at the fabric inside, and instead was surprised to find these cute babushka dolls peeking out at me. I love little details like that.

It's the simple things that bring joy to my day : )

2 comments:

  1. I love mail! That kraft paper with the babushka dolls on the inside is just too cute! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing those stamps stayed attached - and very nice paper - lucky rabbit and duck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger