new dress a day

March 3, 2011

And then there was internet... cables have been plugged back in and a new modem has been successfully installed by me (on my own - I was a little bit pleased with this new-found ability).

Anyhow, I've been catching up on blog reading, website browsing, and all those other things I haven't been able to do for the past week. One thing I wanted to share was this great project called 'New Dress A Day'. Marisa has vowed that for one year she will not buy any new clothing. Instead, she will rework preloved pieces she has found at thrift stores, flea markets, or that have been donated to her. Each day she adds one new piece to her wardrobe - on a budget of $1 a day! Pretty impressive! Here are some of my favourite before and after shots:

Before...
After...
Before...
After...
All images from New Dress A Day.

As if I need another excuse to head to the local op shop this morning!

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! What a clever seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second one! I always try and look at EVERYTHING in op shops to find something I could remake into something fabulous but nothing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I LOVE this idea! How fabulous do the finished products look? That's 1 talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fabulous! The clothes came out so well! Great idea, if only I didn't spend all my time unpicking everything. am a rather hopeless seamstress...
    Love your products I'll come find you again this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiration this lass is. Great seeing you today at Magnolia Square Market. Cheers Beky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her blog! I wish I knew how to sew clothing - that shall be on my "to learn" list :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, one dress a day? crazy stuff, I think that proves you're a great choice for the stylish blogger award! ;o)
    Angie,
    http://theshinybubble.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-so-proud-that-rachael-from-squiggly.html
    love
    yaga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't she so clever. I'm going over to check this out. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really live what you did with that top dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger