rooftops

April 9, 2011

Last night I discovered the joy of visiting Bunnings on a Friday evening. No doing laps around the car park trying to find a vacant spot. No sausage sizzle out the front (not that enticing to a vegetarian!). Just a quiet, empty store where I could leisurely wander the aisles and dream about the many projects I would like to do.

Today's activity was to plant some herbs and veggies for Winter. I have a tiny courtyard so finding space for growing things can be tricky. Particularly when they need a few hours of sunshine each day. I'd been noticing recently that the roof of my shed was the sunniest spot in the garden. A big flat empty space, just begging to be utilised. So today I set to work turning my shed roof into a mini garden. I filled some pots and planted some seeds - lettuces, pak choy, coriander and sage. I already have a big pot of mint so that went up there also.

In a few weeks time things should hopefully start to sprout. Until then, I thought I'd share some pretty nice rooftop gardens that I'd be quite happy with...

{source}



And how cute are these garden markers? I'd love a whole set!

Happy weekend x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea! We are looking at turning our garage roof into a garden except I think my neighbor may not appreciate that. Take some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lovely! I've never done well with sage, but you have inspired me to try again. And I love the chest drawers/planters!
    Pepper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger