ice cream fact #1

July 7, 2011

{credit}

By this time tomorrow I will be back in cold, rainy, windy Melbourne. As a final farewell to warm and sunny Queensland, this afternoon I took a walk to the local shops to get an ice cream. One of my favourites when growing up was the hava heart - who wouldn't love vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate and shaped like a heart? In my attempts to find a nice picture of said ice cream to use with this post (mine didn't last long enough to take a snap) I found out that the hava heart has been around since the 1950's, and would have set you back sixpence to buy in 1955. Ah, the good old days.... : )

2 comments:

  1. The Hava Heart was my Dad's favourite ice-cream too! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it's so FROSTY down here and I am swaddled in hotties (water ones) and cowls and knitwear, it would never be frosty enough to decline an ice cream. Bring some warm down south, would you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger