an old fashioned sunday

September 11, 2011


Today I was up bright and early to head to the local trash and treasure market. The grey clouds, pouring rain and chilly wind were not going to deter me - for 2 years I've lived 5 minutes away from this market yet for some reason or another have never managed to get there. But not today. I can be quite determined when I want to be.

And what a gem of a market! Tucked away in a car park but full of great vintage stuff, lots of nanna crochet, and yes, quite a bit of trash also but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I picked up some more vintage aprons to add to my collection, even though it was only yesterday that I cleaned out my stash and listed some on EBay. Oops. I also got a cute enamel teapot (alas, none of the nanna crocheted tea cosies were big enough to fit it), a lovely English china plate and a great metal ice-cream tin. Oh, and quite a lot of pretty coloured knitting needles. And um, some plants for the garden. I think that's it....

I'm off now to bake this apple cake, and stew up some pears on the stove with some cloves and cinnamon. All while wearing a cute vintage apron of course.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. loving those knitting needles! and the cake looks delish...happy, happy sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Beautiful plate. I remember my nana having one exactly the same : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger