keeping it simple part 2: the challenge

October 15, 2011

{source}

Sitting at a sewing machine gives you lots of time to think : ) My thoughts have now turned to modern technology, and how easy it is to be distracted by things. Every 5 minutes I feel the need to check my email, or to see the latest Facebook status updates, or catch up on some blogs. When do we find time to be alone with our thoughts when there are so many other things competing for our attention?

This brings me to the 'Keep it Simple' challenge : )

Can you give up your technology fix for one day? For me, it will be the laptop. For you, it might be your mobile phone. Or the TV. I haven't had a TV in my home for the past few years and it's been great, but I fear my addiction to my laptop has just replaced the time I used to spend in front of the box....

Anyhow, what things could you do instead of sitting in front of a screen? You could:
  • Read a book.
  • Do some gardening.
  • Take a bath.
  • Play a board game or do a jigsaw puzzle.
  • Cook dinner, and eat it at the dining room table.
  • Go for a walk.
  • Visit some friends.
  • Work on that craft project you've been meaning to finish for months.
I'm going to do the challenge tomorrow, but you could pick any day. If you decide to have a go, I'd love to hear what you did in the comments section below.

Good luck and have fun : )

2 comments:

  1. I recognise that stencil art from when I lived in Islington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    What a great idea ... I love the challenge,so this morning instead of automatically putting the telly on, I put the radio on instead! I must confess, I put on the p.c however it was productive as I've just come up with a new design for my teatowel range!... Bring on the challenge, I'm lovin' it!!
    Liz T :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger