simple living: the price of materialism

June 1, 2012




Today I wanted to share this short video on the price of materialism, and some of the things we can do to move towards a happier, more sustainable way of living. 

I like how the video talks about social and community values. How spending more time with each other, and connecting with our local community, is the way forward. I like to think that I am making an effort in this area by supporting independent local businesses, and buying handmade or second hand when I do need to make a purchase. But I know I still have a way to go! 

I'd love for you to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below! 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree Shannon, but find it hard sometimes to find the right balance in this fast pace world. I try to support local makers and business, shop at the markets but I'm sure there's more we can do. We've now resorted to scheduling monthly catch ups with the girls, whereas back in the day you'd just drop in. Life is changing, and I'm learning to find the right balance. Love the video, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger