where my heart lies

October 9, 2012


As I sit to write this blog entry I am thinking about sunshine, warm days, the beauty of nature and the interesting paths that life can lead us down, if we keep our eyes open.

Last night I returned home from a short break up in northern NSW, my chance to enjoy some lazy days before the Christmas season descends upon me. It was a most magical journey, in so many ways. I met inspirational new friends. Spent my days walking through the forest, dipping my feet in the cool creek water, spying snakes and other wildlife in the bushes, fossicking for crystals in amongst the river stones, and gazing at beautiful mountain ranges. 

I have always loved this part of the world. I was so very fortunate on this trip to spend some time with a wonderful new friend on his property at the base of Mt Warning, just outside of Murwillumbah. There is something special about this place, it brings a sense of peace to the mind and joy to the heart. I've often thought I'd like to live in an area like this, one day, in the future, when all the stars and planets in all the universes aligned. Or something like that. 





Well, I am excited to say that the universe seems to be listening to me. In just a short while, much sooner than I hoped, I will be packing up my car with my favourite and most useful belongings, and heading north. If all goes to plan, on New Years Day I will be waking up in a new state, in new surroundings, with new adventures to look forward to. It will be sad to say goodbye to Melbourne but I'm ready for this next chapter.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from you if you call the northern rivers region home. What are your favourite places to visit? Where do you find great organic food? What markets do you shop at? What are your secret getaway spots? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. I have always loved that area too, good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very magical place. I've never been to that area but my neice and nephew were born in that region. Good luck with your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you Shan!
    Goodluck with everything & will have to catch up before you head off
    Cheray x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did i miss this big news?! what excitement! i hope the stress of executing such a move isn't getting to be too much - all worth it in the end! (and cups of tea along the way are sure to help). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazingly EXCITING for you! The region you're about to call home is probably one of my favourite places in Australia. My husband and I honeymooned in Tumbulgum, Uki and around the area (we went on a roadtrip). Congratulations and good luck with YOUR move!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger