free fabric!

November 19, 2012


With only 4 weeks remaining until my move, it's time to get serious about the amount of stuff I have. Phoning removalist companies for quotes will do that to you, I'm still in a bit of shock about how much it costs to move stuff from one place to another.

Anyhow, I've taken all my fabric remnants and put them in this suitcase. There's quite a lot of fabric in there. I took some to the trash and treasure market on the weekend and watched as happy crafters rummaged through the case. But there's still so much left! So, I've decided to gift the stash to one lucky reader. Yes, you can have all of this fabric, for free! Alas, the suitcase is not included. The only rule is that you need to be able to pick it up from my studio in Fitzroy (sorry to folks outside of Melbourne), preferably as soon as possible. If you would like to win this stash, please leave a comment on this post telling me what you would use it for, I will pick a winner on Friday morning, around 9am.


There is every likelihood I will add to this stash during the week, it seems like every time I turn around I find something else I can part with. This downsizing is a good thing.... it also means I can buy new fabric after I've moved, right? Yes, I think so....

Have a happy week! x

*** UPDATE *** Fabric giveaway is now closed, the winner is Comment #3 - Karen. Hooray! 

6 comments:

  1. I would use it to make Xmas presents! One persons stash/trash is another's treasure! More importantly, I am working in Fitzroy on Friday and can pick up at lunch time haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would donate it to a charity group who are putting together craft packs for needy women as Christmas gifts. Lord knows I don't need any more fabric myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, the fabric looks gorgeous. I have a new nephew who is 6 weeks old and was wanting to try sew from some lovely vintage patterns I have been collecting. The fabric looks perfect this, No problem collecting from Fitzroy on Friday, I would have to combine collecting it with a coffee and Portuguese tart from the deli!
    Thanks Karen
    Karen dot mcneil at optusnet dot com dot au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would put it towards lots of presents to give away and perhaps something for myself.. it will be a good excuse to tidy up my own little stash :) Good luck with the move..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ... thankyou for sharing ... I'd give some of it to our Prayers & Squares Patchwork Quilt group who make quilts for people needing a bit of love .... & lots more bunting for our Playful Market in Ashburton on the 8th Dec ... yay! cheers ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a generous offer! I run a playgroup, and would love the fabric for all sorts of things....to make a massive 'patchwork' tent, capes, dress ups, doll clothes, for collages, so many uses!!! I live in Croydon, so am fairly close and always happy to visit Fitzroy.....and the Vegie Bar of course!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger